I have an awesome family that I absolutely love and adore. My dear husband has been a super-spouse these past few days. He helped out tremendously as we prepared for family to visit in conjunction with the baby blessing on Sunday. (Which was wonderful. Several babies were blessed that day, and he was the only boy. Cute little girl, cute little girl, cute little girl, HUGE baby boy! His outfits was labeled "9-12 months".) Bryan also has done all the dishes, cooked dinner, helped with the kids, cleaned the whole house, shampooed the carpets, and a myriad of other wonderful things. In addition to which, he has given me several backrubs, which are one of my most favorite things in the whole world.
Christopher has been well trained by his father. In spite of telling his daddy, "You're the best parent in the whole world!" today (after which Bryan called to me and said, "Did you hear that? I'm the BEST parent!"), he has been offering me a constant stream of, "Mommy/Mother, I love you." A lot of times, I'd even say the majority of the time, he calls us Mother and Father. I dont' know why, he just started it. We like Mommy and Daddy or Mom and Dad, and we call each other that in front of him, but he still uses Mother and Father. Strangers look at us (and him) like we must be really tough parents if he uses such formal titles, but of course everyone who knows us laughs about how silly it sounds, especially that he's so serious about it!
Back to how sweet he's been, he helped his Daddy clean all day, ran errands for me and the baby, and this evening came over and kissed me and told me how wonderful I was and that he loves me and he'll love me forever. He's so fantastic. (And Alexander loves me too. I just know it, because he threw up on me and laughed. You can only get away with that when you really know the person loves you. And of course I do. How can you help it when someone lights up and smils and wiggles happily the moment they see you???)
So yeah.... I love my family. They're amazing. I'm in love. =)
Do You Want Fries With That?
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment