Seems like we have bad luck with cars around here. KNOCK ON WOOD! My little red car (and by the way, I noticed yesterday that we ONLY drive little cars, yay less gas!) is in the process of killing itself. While trying to figure out what the problem is - why the loss of power, the extra noise, the warning lights - we noticed flecks of shiny metal in the oil. For those not car-savvy, this means that the car is eating itself to death inside somewhere where we can't find it in spite of our best efforts. Short of a second engine rebuild (this car already had ONE, and that's just one too many in my opinion), it's over.
Thankfully, we were miraculously blessed to have my aunt call and say that her neighbor was selling a car. Before I'd even started to look for one! It had just one owner, a snowbird couple who gave it regular maintenance, kept it very clean, and it was a 1991 with less than 80,000 miles on it. She was asking a very low price for it, and I bought it the same day I saw it. It was so amazing because things just came together on it. We went to see it, decided to buy it, then we happened to run into the lady who owned it, she took us to the bank, signed over the title, and we drove away with it!
And I love it. It's a great little car. Another wonderful blessing added to the many blessings we have so lately been given.
Do You Want Fries With That?
13 years ago
yea for being faithful and living the gospel! Call me selfish but I love to recieve blessings such as those you have been blessed with.
ReplyDeleteThat's great that you were able to get a new car! I hate it when cars die. :-(
ReplyDelete