On Thursday, March 26th, I went to Grandma's house. I was hiding from my awful neighbors, which is another story entirely. Once I got the boys settled in, I went into the office and snuggled up for a nap.
I was awakened by Bryan. I thought, "Either I slept waaay too long, or he's here for lunch!" But then, with no further ado, Bryan tells me that he's been laid off. Oh, that's not quite coming home for lunch. Once he realized that I wasn't upset, he seemed less tense, and we went out and talked for a bit. While we're sad that he doesn't have a job, he didn't like that one anyway, so it's a great opportunity to get another one.
I find it very amusing that he woke me up to tell me that. I should try it on him sometime: "Oh, you're barely conscious? Great, I'll tell you my bad news now before you're awake enough to think about it!" I'm sure that's not what he meant to do, but it still amused me.
Do You Want Fries With That?
13 years ago
Gotta hand it to Bryan to be able to deliver bad news in a way that is easier to accept. He is a brilliant man! I am so glad that you are blogging. I love getting to share "stories."
ReplyDeleteLots of love!
Aw, what a nice way to put that! And yeah, I think he's brilliant, but I'm very biased. He keeps me on my toes because I NEVER know what he'll say next!
ReplyDeleteWell, now he has a chance of getting as much attention as Little Bryan right?
ReplyDelete