I came across a $.99 copy of "The Magic Schoolbus Goes to Seed" and I bought it. It's about how plants are pollinated, mostly, but they cover briefly what seeds are and how to grow them. Christopher was suddenly consumed with the desire to plant seeds. And then there's dirt, which any self-respecting young boy loves. And so began the seeds.
I had an old pack of pansies lying around which we put into a plastic bag to sprout them, but between the mold that snuck in and the "planting" they endured when Christopher "helped", they didn't live. So we bought new seeds. Sturdier ones, I might add.
Here you have first Sunflower seeds, second Watermelon seeds. They took about 5 days to reach this stage.
I will have to update this again shortly, as tomorrow's project is to transfer these sproutlings into pots. I haven't yet figured out how exactly I'm going to let Christopher "help" this time. Maybe we'll go outside and he can be in charge of the dirt instead of the seeds. Wish those seeds luck! (And maybe me a little too!)
No comments:
Post a Comment